What Pastoral and Nurture Support do we provide at our Federation?
At Tibshelf Schools Federation, we want to ensure all pupils physical and emotional wellbeing. A successful pastoral initiative means children and young people are cared for and can integrate well with our schools. Safeguarding is a big part of what makes up pastoral care at school. Safeguarding is about protecting children, preventing abuse and ensuring safety.
Across the Federation we use a variety of approaches to tailor support for individual needs.
. Our pastoral support includes:
- Being a point of contact for parents/carers
- Punctuality and attendance
- Low self-esteem and confidence building
- Difficulties developing and maintaining friendships
- Changes in behaviour that have a negative effect on learning
- Any issues that may arise around bullying
- Settling in of new children
- Supporting transition to the next class or school
- Any issues that you as parents/carers have around routines or managing behaviours at home
We do this through:
- PSHE lessons to teach important life skills that students can implement in their own lives to better themselves
- Learning Mentor
- Use of Boxhall Profiles
- Nurture interventions including Zones of Regulation, Anger Gremlins, Anxiety Gremlins
- Positive 4 Young People (external support for families)
- Derbyshire Nurture Team
- Quick referral to external agency support if needed
- Working closely with SENDCo where needed
We are always available at the start and at the end of each day. Alternatively please contact the school office and we will have a chat or arrange a meeting to discuss any concerns you have.
Tibshelf Infants 01773 872571 Town End Juniors 01773 872306.