Documentation from the Department of Education:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education from September 2023
- What to do if you are worried a child is being abused
- Working together to safeguard children
- Regulated activity in relation to children
- Information sharing advice safeguarding practitioners
In addition to the child protection service of Call Derbyshire, you can contact Starting Point for help and advice regarding concerns on 01629 533190.
Concerns about staff, volunteers or other people working with children
The Local Authority produces a flowchart to help schools determine appropriate actions should they become aware of safeguarding issues. This flowchart can be accessed via the link LADO Flowchart.
The Prevent Duty Strategy is a key area of safeguarding aimed at preventing radicalisation and extremism. All teachers, staff and governors participate in annual training in this statutory duty.
The statutory guidance can be found here: